Somerset School Games Competitions 2020-2021
Skipping Competition - Closing date 28th May 2021
Welcome to the Somerset School Games Skipping competition.
There are 7 competitions across the year groups and you can choose to enter as many as you wish. There are mixed competitions for primary schools. For secondary there are separate competitions for boys, girls and special schools.
Scoresheets must be downloaded and sent in to your area SGO by 28th May 2021.
We have added skipping to our saspchallenges site - so that children can practice and challenge themselves at home or during PE lessons. The challenges also show how to perform the various skips.
Here is a list of the competitions:
1. Single bounce - Primary 20 seconds/Secondary 30 seconds
2. Running on the spot - Primary 20 seconds/Secondary 30 seconds
3. Double bounce - Primary 20 seconds/Secondary 30 seconds
4. Slalom - Primary 20 seconds/Secondary 60 seconds
5. Sprint - 30 seconds/Secondary 60 seconds
All entries are for the top 5 boys and/or girls scores.
6. Long rope - largest number of children skipping on the rope for at least 4 skips.
7. Long rope - Highest number of skips achieved with a long rope with 4 children jumping.
KS 3/4 Skipping sessions
Gymnastics - Closing date 28th May 2021
Individual Routines for Club Gymnasts
Secondary Gymnastics Competition
Closing date 28th May 2021
Schools Games Level 3 & Primary Premium Lead
- 01823 653990