Exercise Videos You Can Try At Home
- If you are unsure about starting an exercise program due to a health issue/being deconditioned, please chat to your GP or a health professional before embarking on any activity.
- Before you start, make sure you are wearing loose comfortable clothing that you can move easily in and comfortable non-slip footwear.
- Remove any slip or trip hazards around the area you are going to be active in.
- If you are unsteady on your feet, you can do the activity sitting down in an upright chair (dining type), and sit in a tall upright position. The chair should be placed against something sturdy to stop it from moving about.
- If you feel any discomfort, then stop what you are doing and take a break.
- The activity will increase your breathing slightly, but if you feel very out of breath then slow down or stop/take a break.
- Listen to your body and only do what it can manage.
- Make sure you have water to hand to keep hydrated.
Enjoy your activity session!!
Did you join in with SASP's Jo on Channel 4 Sunday Brunch?
As part of the national 'We are Undefeatable' campaign which aims to inspire people with long term health conditions to increase their levels of physical activity, Sport England formed an exciting partnership with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch during August 2020. As part of 'Sunday Crunch', they were looking for people to show how they get active and to use instructors to give the audience an easy and accessible 1 minute of exercises they could then do at home. Take a look at Jo's routine - some easy exercises while the kettle is boiling.
This exercise session has standing and seated alternatives for you, in order to make it inclusive.
It will help to improve your balance and stability, strength, mobility and flexibility.
We have split the session into 3 videos, so that you can do either separate components or the whole thing. You can try the broken up shorter classes, or the full 50 minute class.
These sessions are suitable for all and can be completed from the comfort of your own home.
Seated/Standing - Full Exercise Class
Recommended for people looking to improve their balance, strength, mobility and/or flexibility.
Intro to Strength & Flex - Shortened Exercise Class
Recommended for people looking to improve their strength and flexibility.
Intro to Mobility - Shortened Exercise Class
Recommended for people looking to improve their mobility.
Covid-19: Exercise Videos You Can Do At Home
Join in with these home video's that SASP staff Jo has made during the corona virus pandemic. You don't need any specialist equipment and we advise to only do what works for you and your abilities.
There are different exercises for when you are waiting for the kettle to boil to building strength in your upper and lower body and working on your balance and stability.
For more info on classes or other related things, please contact Jo Smith.
Zing Somerset Senior Active Lifestyle Officer
- 01823 653990