Move More and Live Longer Better
A workshop package has been developed by SASP for workforces in the voluntary and community sectors, housing providers and social care around how to have meaningful and positive conversations about physical activity within their everyday roles. The objective is to support workplaces to have meaningful conversations about physical activity with older adults and people living with health conditions.
Move More and Live Longer Better workshops cover the following key areas:
- Importance and benefits of physical activity
- Types of Activity and national guidelines
- Practical tips and common barriers to staying active
- Positive conversation skills
- Signposting and resources
Ongoing support will be available to workforces following workshop completion and the workshop is supplemented by a workshop resource with useful hints and tips and links to further reading and signposting opportunities.
Move More and Live Longer Better workshops are now available to book. For further information or to express an interest, please get in contact.
After the workshops, drop-in sessions will be conducted to provide an opportunity for troubleshooting and problem-solving. The purpose of these drop-in sessions is to ensure that participants receive individualised support and clarification on specific topics covered in the workshops.
If you are a health coach or connector please click here to see our bespoke training. This session is aimed at health coaches and social prescribers.
Volunteer Walk Leader training is available within Somerset to support the development and delivery of our successful Health Walks programmes. Our volunteers love their roles and tell us fantastic stories about how much they enjoy helping others to get active and get walking. Here are some of the benefits to getting involved as a volunteer Walk Leader:
- Full training with a nationally recognised and well respected scheme.
- Ongoing support and guidance from your scheme coordinator and Walking for Health.
- Access to Walking for Health resources and equipment to help you fulfil your role.
- Opportunity to meet new people including like-minded volunteers.
- Opportunity to discover more of your local area and spend time in the outdoors.
- Opportunity to be more physically active yourself.
For more information, please visit our Volunteer Walk Leader Training page