SASP Bursary Scheme 2021/22: sport and physical activity qualifications
The aim of the SASP bursary scheme is to support coaches, volunteers, instructors and activators wishing to expand on their current coaching and physical activity qualifications and experiences. It has been put in place to assist with the required physical activity workforce within Somerset and to ultimately increase participation in sport and physical activity.
Applications are currently welcome at any point but will be assessed by a panel on the first Monday of every month and decisions will be provided within 10 working days. Applications will be individually assessed against the following terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions:
- Applicants must be resident in Somerset or actively delivering in Somerset (Somerset County Council area).
- Applicants can apply for up to 50% of the total course cost or £200 (whichever is less). Please note the bursary can only contribute to the cost of the course, additional expenses such as transport and accommodation will not be considered.
- Applicants must be 16+ and for NGB qualifications they must be actively coaching/ volunteering at a sports club or organisation or wishing to do so in the near future.
- Applicants must complete the application form which includes a supporting statement from their club, organisation or other relevant body.
- Applicants and clubs/organisations can only apply for a maximum of £300 per financial year.
- Payment will be given upon completion of the course after evidence of certification has been provided (if funds are required before this then please contact the Workforce Development Manager).
- Funding can be accessed for deliverers to attend development opportunities, including NGB courses, recognised sport or physical activity related qualifications and CPD opportunities.
- Applications can only be made by individuals.
- The applicant must have confirmed dates of the course/qualification they are booking on to.
- Funding will only be considered for courses that have not yet started.
- Successful applicants will be required to report back to SASP when requested 12 months after receiving the bursary award.