Beat the Street
What is Beat the Street?
Beat the Street is an evidence-based, mass participation programme that enables long-term behaviour change and improved partner working. It connects individuals with their local environment and supports people to make simple modifications to everyday behaviour. SASP have partnered with Intelligent Health and local partners such as Somerset County Council, Sport England and local district councils to deliver the game in 3 towns so far across Somerset. SASP have delivered Beat the Street Compact which is a smaller hyperlocal version of Beat the Street and designed to be accessible for Active Partnerships.
Total number of games in Somerset – 4 (Bridgwater 2020, Taunton 2021, Yeovil 2022 and Shepton Mallet & Wells 2023)
Total number of players – 18,513
Total number of miles covered – 243,162
For more information, visit - www.beatthestreet.me/
Core programme outcomes
• To increase physical activity for adults and children
• To bring partners together
• To provide data and insight to inform further work and build the evidence base
• To enhance levels of wellbeing and community cohesion
• To deliver sustainable behaviour change
• To increase walking and cycling
• To reduce the use of cars for short journeys
For more information on what else is happening around Active travel in Somerset, please visit the Somerset Sustainable Transport page - https://somersetsustainabletransport.commonplace.is/