Sports Awards 2018
The 2018 Somerset Activity & Sport Awards will celebrate and give recognition to the achievements and successes of outstanding athletes, inspirational volunteers, great coaches, community clubs and organisations from across Somerset. This year the awards evening for the finalists will be held on Friday 19th October 2018 at Somerset County Cricket Club.
Eligibility - nominees must live, volunteer, coach or deliver activity or sport in Somerset. The 'year' constitutes delivery between 1st September 2017 – 31st August 2018.
Nominations can be made in the following categories:
- Young Coach of the Year*
- Children's Coach of the Year*- sponsored by Taunton School
- Participation Coach of the Year*
- Young Volunteer of the Year - sponsored by Albert Goodman
- Club Volunteer of the Year
- Club of the Year - sponsored by the Rotary Club of Taunton Vale
- Get Somerset Active
- Contribution to School or College Sport - sponsored by Richard Huish College
- Active Workplace - sponsored by The Terrace
- This Girl Can - sponsored by King's College
- Sports Performer of the Year - sponsored by Bridgwater & Taunton College (Team BTC)
Please click here for a description of each category.
*Please note that when talking about a coach in the first three awards we mean anyone that improves a person's experience of sport and physical activity by providing specialised support and guidance aligned to their individual needs and aspirations.
To make a nomination please use the form below, the deadline for nominations is Friday 31st August 2018. If you have any queries please contact Laura Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01823 653990.
This year we are again offering businesses the opportunity to sponsor individual awards for £250, for this you will receive the following benefits:
- Your company logo to be included on all promotional material if the sponsorship is agreed by 20th June
- Opportunity to present the award on the night
- 2x tickets to the event
- Photo with the award winner
- Brand exposure – promotional product placement at the event
- Press related to the individual award
- Listing in the programme
- Promotion via social media channels and our website (last year one post alone reached 18.4k people)
For more information on the award categories please see the below document, awards will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.