School Sport News/Updates
This section contains the latest information from SASP partners that may be of interest to schools.
Badminton News for 2018/2019
Following the launch of its Discover Badminton strategy last year and a review of its competition offer, including extensive consultation across the network, Badminton England will be implementing the following changes for the academic year 2018/19 to its School Games offer:
- The secondary school competition – National Schools Championships – will no longer be part of Badminton England's School Games offer.
- Badminton England will organise and run its own secondary school competition – to help shape that event and express interest, please ask schools to complete this form; further details on this will be available in September.
- Badminton England's School Games offer will now be a festival linked to its Racket Pack programme – full details on this, including formats, will be circulated by the Youth Sport Trust in the coming months. The festival will be for children in Year 5 and above.
If you are keen to volunteer within football, why not join the Football Futures programme and access loads of great benefits/opportunitities/experiences.
- Be aged 14 - 24
- Must complete a minimum of 10 hours volunteering
- Must attend a SFA CPD Event