Workplace Volleyball Tournament!
Posted: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 11:49
The Annual Workplace Volleyball Tournament is back!
And will be held on Thursday 14th April 7.00 – 9.00pm at Taunton Vale Sports Club. WE look forward to welcoming teams of 6, though plenty of scope for substituting so you are welcome to have larger squads.
Don't worry if you haven't played Volleyball before, we have a very relaxed interpretation of the rules and play with adapted equipment, very soft ball etc. The emphasis is on having fun and taking part, not sporting excellence!
Will be a good fun evening in the same vein as the previous tournaments.
Our Volleyball Rules – 6 a side, no more than 3 men on court at any time ,very adapted rules!! There will be a practice session before the match where the umpire will guide you through the rules
- We will use a very soft touch ball and a less than regulation height net
- 6 a side, 3 at the front 3 at the back . Players rotate 1 position clockwise every time you win the service back.
- The ball may not touch the ground but (with the exception of the service) you may take as many touches as needed to get the ball over the net. Players may take consecutive touches
- Players may not intentionally kick the ball or use the outside of a clenched fist
- Substitutions may take place at any time, the player coming on must take the position of the player coming off.