Winter applications open for Happy Healthy Holiday Somerset Programme
Posted: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 11:09
Following the amazing success of the Summer Happy Healthy Holiday Somerset Programme, provider applications are now open for the Winter.
During the Summer Holidays approx. 6000 (FSM and vulnerable) children took part in 37000 activity days, as a result they were able to have a Happy Healthy Holiday! Take a look at what happened in summer here. Could your school, group or organisation be paid to run an activity camp during the Winter holiday?
Happy Healthy Holidays Somerset (HHHS) aims to tackle the triple inequalities of holiday hunger, physical inactivity and social isolation. So far, thousands of children and young people aged 5 to 16, who are in receipt of benefits-related free school meals have benefited from the Easter and Summer programmes. With applications for Winter now open, we are pleased to invite you to find out more about the Winter HHHS programme.
The aim of the programme is to:
- To support children and young people 5-16 years.
- to eat more healthily over the school holidays;
- to be more active during the school holidays;
- to take part in engaging and enriching activities which support the development of resilience, character and wellbeing along with their wider educational attainment;
- to be safe and not to be socially isolated;
- to have greater knowledge of health and nutrition; and
- to be more engaged with school and other local services.
You can apply for a grant to provide activities for just one day, or any number up to a maximum of 10 days during the delivery period. Each activity session must run for a minimum of four hours per day. You can deliver at one venue or across several and can run different sessions for different age groups. Current available funding has enabled the maximum grant available to be the equivalent of £21 per child, per four-hour day including the cost of food. The main delivery days will be 20th-23rd December (delivery outside of this time will not have SASP office support due to Christmas Holidays)
For more information and to apply please click HERE!
Deadline for applications
11.59pm on Sunday 17th October 2021 - Applications Closed.