Funding for Communities Affected by COVID-19 in Somerset
Posted: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:16
Funding for Communities Affected by COVID-19 - Sport England Inequalities Fund
SASP have received funding from Sport England to help keep people most affected during this pandemic physically active, or ready to get or resume activity. The Inequalities Funding aims to support targeted groups across Somerset.
Data from the Sport England commissioned physical activity attitudes and behaviours survey during COVID-19 is highlighting widening gaps in the activity levels across existing priority audiences. These groups are:
- People from Lower Socio Economic Groups
- Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic Communities
- Disabled People
- People with Long Term Health Conditions
COVID-19 is likely to have a significant impact on their ability to be physically active which has the potential to further widen the health inequality gap that already exist with these groups. These groups have been disproportionately affected by the pandemic which can create a culture of fear, where people are choosing to stay indoors to keep safe. Additionally, there may also be a greater impact upon their financial status which is the single greatest determinant of activity levels.
Criteria for Funding
- Be focused on one or more of the following target audience; Lower Socio-Economic Group, Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic Communities, Disabled People or People with Long-Term Health Conditions (LTC).
- Show how the funding will either help the club/community body to survive through the next 6 months and/or support their participants to remain active in the early recovery stages over the next 6 months.
- Demonstrate a clear financial need for the funding sought.
- Demonstrate the existing relationship the club/group have with the target audience and the extent of its reach into the target community.
- Not be a duplicate application for funding already received from the Sport England Community Emergency Fund.
- Be eligible to receive Sport England Lottery Funding.
Larger projects will be considered where the impact justifies it. Expressions of Interest will be reviewed within a 2 week period and you may be contacted to share more detailed information.
Eligibility for Funding
- Sport England funding requires recipient bodies of small grants to have a recognised constitution in place.
- We won't be able to fund:
a. Activities promoting religious or political beliefs.
c. Any private businesses or profit-making organisations unless they are a Social Enterprise or Community Interest Company.
For further information or to discuss your ideas or project, please email email@example.com or complete the expression of interest form here