Live Longer Better
'Live Longer better' aims to build a solid foundation upon which our communities can promote and support health and independence into later life.
The Optimal Ageing Program: Living Longer Better with Sir Muir Gray
Somerset Activity and Sports Partnership is investing in 'Live Longer Better' by signing up to a national community of practice and learning programme with leading experts in the field of active ageing and the impact of physical inactivity on health and lifestyle outcomes.
SASP is using the learning gained through this process to start the conversation at a county level and organising a series of webinars aimed at bringing together a network of services and organisations with an interest in this area of work.
Live Longer Better in Somerset Conferences
March 11th 2020 - ‘Live Longer Better’
- The Centre for Ageing Better around the national picture of older age and inactivity
- Sir Muir Grey on Optimal Ageing
- Social Prescribing within the Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- Digital inclusion with Cosmic
- Our wonderful We Are Undefeatable Ambassadors Chrissie for the lived experience. You can watch Chrissie's story here.
8th July 2021– 'More than Movement'
Exploring loneliness and how physical activity can be part of the solution towards ending loneliness in Somerset.
- Tom Burton, Sport England, National Health Lead
- Caroline Odjidja from Age UK Milton Keynes
- Phil Dolan, Chief Executive, Age UK Somerset
- SASP Bridgwater Health and Wellbeing Coaches.