Latest from Luisa...
This Girl Can Week - June 2021
Since the last This Girl Can update, Luisa has begun hiking the South West Coast Path with her best friends!
The pandemic has of course impeded their progress, but for them that's okay, as they are looking to challenge themselves in a more mindful way.
There are so many who set out to hike this beautiful 630 mile path in a body-bashing fashion, giving themselves a target of completion within a few weeks, with injuries and rescues having to happen frequently as a result. Luisa and her friends instead aim to hike a section every 6 weeks, coordinating lifts into Cornwall and overnight stays at campsites. Each stage is generally around 12 hilly miles, and they take their time to stop frequently, breathe the glorious fresh air and gaze at the turquoise seas (not forgetting to look back up the coast too, to notice how far they have come).
Being busy women, juggling professional jobs, homes and motherhood, the idea behind their unique hiking challenge is:
– To prioritise time for themselves
– To immerse themselves in nature.
– To S L O W D O W N and take time to breathe from hectic modern life
– To see some new sites in this beautiful corner of the world and explore the secrets of the South West Coast Path
– To share, offload, and gain perspective on some of their thoughts and struggles, and therefore manage anxiety better
– To celebrate their strong and beautiful bodies and what they can do
– To help and inspire others who might be in a similar position
You can follow Luisa's coast path adventures with Simply Anxious Adventures on Instagram and Facebook and read detailed (and frank!) descriptions of each section of the path completed so far at https://simplyanxiousadventures.home.blog/