Disability Cricket Development Officer
Leicestershire County Cricket Club, in partnership with the Lord’s Taverners wish to appoint a Disability Development Officer to deliver Lord’s Taverners disability programmes (SEND programme and Super 1s) across Leicestershire & Rutland.
About Disability Cricket Development Officer
Through Super 1s, the officer will provide community-based cricketing opportunities, both competitive and coaching, for young people with disabilities. The Development Officer will use the power of cricket as a tool for change, increasing confidence, communication, leadership, and independence in the participants. The role will also oversee other disability initiatives including SEND delivery (table cricket & soft ball), Champion clubs and the disability pathway which directly contribute to the disability strategy of the ECB / Lord's Taverners partnership. This new and exciting role seeks an energetic and enthusiastic individual who has a passion for supporting and developing young people, working with multiple partners and organizations.
The focus of this role is to deliver the aims and outcomes of the Super 1s and SEND programme across Leicestershire & Rutland:
- To promote and develop disability cricket in community hubs and offer both participation and competitive opportunities
- Develop initiatives that increase confidence, communication, leadership and independence. Ensure participants personal growth can develop beyond cricket
- Extend the reach of cricket to new SEND settings
- Ensure more young people with SEND have the opportunity to engage in the most appropriate form of cricket (primarily using table cricket and soft-ball cricket where appropriate)
- Continue to work within SEND settings already engaged in the table cricket and embed sustainability through teacher training
- Transition more young people with a disability to community settings such as Super 1s, Champion Clubs and other appropriate community offers
- Deliver a county table cricket competition that feeds into the national structure
General needs of the role:
- To promote and deliver the Lord's Taverners SEND and Super 1s programme across Leicestershire and Rutland
- Develop partnerships to enhance the impact of Lord's Taverners programmes and the wider county disability plan
- Manage all programme data requirements of the SEND and Super 1s programmes ensuring timely and accurate data is collected and recorded on the Upshot monitoring system
- Maintain regular communication and dialogue, whilst also capturing feedback, opinion and a review of satisfaction
- Provide formal written reports and case studies, and ensure that all monitoring and evaluation is undertaken as required
- Work closely with existing cricket clubs to engage with disabled people where possible
- Support the development of the wider pool of volunteers and sports coaches by mentoring and / or signposting for opportunities both formally and informally
- Ensure the branding and identity of the programmes within delivery
Closing Date for applications: Midnight Wednesday 31st August 2022 Interviews: Candidates invited for interview will be contacted by email by Monday 5th September 2022. Interview date: Thursday 22nd September 2022
Somerset Activity & Sports Partnership is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.