Functional Skills Tutor and Assessor
We are seeking a learner centered and enthusiastic Functional Skills Tutor to plan, teach and support apprenticeship learners to complete their functional skills qualifications in Maths and English to level 2. The successful applicant will be responsible for a caseload of learners who they will support through to assessment offering high quality teaching and learning. This will be achieved through delivery of virtual and work based classroom sessions as well as through small group, individual and tailored 1-2-1 support.
- Contact Name
- Emma Griffiths
- Contact Email
- £26,000 to £31,000 pro rata, per annum
- Part Time
- Placed On
- Wed 27th July, 2022
- 10:00am - Thu 11th August, 2022
- Interview Date
- Wed 17th August, 2022
About Functional Skills Tutor and Assessor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivery of learning: To provide high quality teaching and learning to apprentices for Maths and English through to Level 2, tailoring delivery based on learner needs and experiences.
- Case load management: To manage a caseload of learners so they achieve their full potential within a timely manner.
- Diagnostic assessments: To facilitate initial and diagnostic assessments with learners in maths and English, using results to create individual progress plans for all learners.
- Qualification achievement: To prepare all learners for Functional Skills Maths and English tests, liaising with relevant internal staff and employers to meet test/exam conditions.
- Support needs: To take an active role in identifying individual learner support needs and implementing effective strategies to support learner success.
- Sharing best practice: To lead training and support for Tutor/Assessors in effectively embedding maths and English for those not required to complete functional skills qualifications.
- Learning design and development: To build on and develop functional skills curriculum and resources to support apprentices and the wider tutor workforce.
- Compliance: Adhere to all Sport Structure's policies and procedures as well as Education and Skills Funding Agency, Ofsted, End Point Assessment Organisations, Awarding Bodies and any other funder's requirements.
- Positive learning environment: To create an interactive, positive, and supportive learning environments in line with the culture of Sport Structures delivery.
- Use of technology for learning: To utilise online tools and technologies to enhance the learner experience.
- Information, advice and guidance (IAG): To provide appropriate IAG at all stages of learning including at qualification completion to encourage and enable learners to continue progressing and developing.
- Continuous improvement: To continually monitor, analyse and evaluate all sessions in order to adapt and improve on previous delivery based on feedback from the quality assurance process. In addition, network with colleagues to enhance delivery for learners.
- Relationship management and development: To effectively communicate and develop positive relationships with learners, employers and colleagues to enhance delivery and importance of functional skills in the workplace.
- Paperwork and compliance: To ensure efficient and accurate completion of paperwork and management of learners via Smart Assessor and Aptem.
- Training and development: To attend and contribute to standardisation and continual professional development events when required and seek appropriate training and development opportunities.
- Equality and diversity: To promote equality, diversity and social inclusion issues throughout all of Sport Structures work promoting a positive approach to the work environment and partner relationships. To personally act as an exemplar on these issues.
- Health and safety: To ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees and the public by complying with the appropriate health and safety policies, organisations and arrangements and the employment of safe working practices and risk assessment and management and to comply with the No Smoking policy.
- Other duties: To undertake other duties, as appropriate, to achieve the objectives of the post, and to assist the organisation in the fulfilment of its overall objectives, commensurate with the post holder's salary, grade, abilities and aptitude.
Somerset Activity & Sports Partnership is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.