To develop and manage the communications and marketing function for Sport Birmingham to ensure that the organisation’s brand, impact and profile is raised locally, regionally and nationally.
- 11, Cobalt Square, 83-35 Hagley Rd, Birmingham, B16 8QG
- Contact Name
- Arrti O'hare
- Contact Telephone
- 07939 308108
- Contact Email
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Thu 11th November, 2021
- 5:00pm - Tue 30th November, 2021
- Interview Date
- Thu 9th December, 2021
About Marketing Manager
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Responsible to: Business Improvement Manager
Salary: £27,985 per annum, plus 9% employer pension contribution
Hours: 37 hours per week; occasional evening and weekend work
Location: Sport Birmingham Office in central Birmingham.
Some travel within Birmingham is expected.
To develop and manage the communications and marketing function for Sport Birmingham to ensure that the organisation's brand, impact and profile is raised locally, regionally and nationally.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for updating and creating content on our website. They will also manage and grow day-to-day interactions with partners and contacts via social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
The Marketing Manager will have a natural curiosity to explore and interrogate data to tell the insight stories needed to make recommendations and clearly communicate to non-technical colleagues at all levels, and drive and evolve campaigns that improve lives through sport and physical activity.
Key duties & responsibilities
- To develop, deliver and monitor the marketing and communications strategy for Sport Birmingham.
- Provide leadership and advocacy in relation to communications and marketing across the Sport Birmingham team.
- Support and make recommendations across the Sport Birmingham team, working closely with colleagues to develop relevant messaging and driving communications across projects, programmes, campaigns and events.
- Use insight to inform and guide communications across print and digital channels.
- General tasks including compiling mail shots and writing and distributing press releases.
- Oversee the design and development of the website to optimise navigation, customer journey and user experience working with a web design agency.
- To lead on the development, maintenance and evolution of the Sport Birmingham website, including updating content to ensure that it is relevant; writing and publishing news stories and interest articles.
- Lead on the production and distribution of the Sport Birmingham newsletter.
- Work closely with external suppliers and agencies to ensure that all marketing collateral is delivered to quality, cost and time.
- To engage and collaborate with Marketing Leads across the network to share best practice, learning and drive organisational improvement in this area.
- To identify and attend training and development opportunities relevant to the post and/or self- development objectives.
- Any other duties as required which are commensurate with the grade and remuneration of the post.
Download, Job Specification for more details about the role.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by Sport Birmingham.
If you'd like to have an informal discussion about the role, please email Arrti O'Hare (Business Improvement Manager) on email@example.com or phone 07939 308108.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter (maximum 1-page A4) outlining your suitability for the role, along with the equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 5pm on Tuesday 30 November 2021
Interview dates: Thursday 9 or Friday 10 December 2021
Somerset Activity & Sports Partnership is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.