funetics Athletics Coach
Would you like to be connected to a national Athletics coaching programme, supported by global brand names of Usain Bolt and Katarina Johnson Thompson? England Athletics have partnered with Aspire to Greatness to super-charge the launch of a new programme ‘funetics – Run, Jump, & Throw', delivering athletics coaching into Preparatory and primary schools. The offer includes Breakfast Clubs, Assemblies, Curricular Coaching and After-school Clubs. We also have opportunities to expand into Holiday Schemes.
- Variable locations in Berkshire, SL7 1RR
- Contact Name
- Kate Staples
- Contact Email
- £20-40 per hour
- Casual Hours
- Placed On
- Mon 27th September, 2021
- 5:30pm - Sun 31st October, 2021
- Sport / Activity
About funetics Athletics Coach
Funetics provides fundamental athletic movement skills for children aged 4 – 11 years of age. It is underpinned by over 60+ Activity Cards, a bag of specialised equipment, and a digital platform to book your sessions and track pupil progress through the funetics stages of development and competence.
Would you like to be part of a pioneering team of coaches to launch funetics in the Berkshire area?
We have flexible working patterns, competitive salary, and will provide all the training, equipment, and apparel to continue your coaching journey.
Your contract will provide you with 5-25 hours per week of practical coaching.
Our Coaches Must:-
- Have experience of working with children between 4 -11 years of age, be energetic, engaging and enthusiastic to step-change children's experience of athletics in schools.
- Have experience of athletics coaching or other sports coaching, and hold a relevant Level 2 coaching qualification in athletics or another sport or a teaching qualification. Specific funetics training will be provided.
- Be able to work as part of a team and individually with commitment, passion, and integrity, where exceptional customer service is the norm.
- Be knowledgeable, articulate, and enthusiastic. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about developing children, and are committed, trustworthy, and reliable.
- Be available to attend 2 online training courses dedicated to Funetics delivery.
- Be able to plan, deliver, lead Funetics sessions according to the Funetics stages of 1-9 delivering a truly child centred approach to the sports curriculum.
- Have access to transport and be flexible in moving from one venue to another, taking equipment with them.
- Be willing to carry out additional roles and responsibilities to continue to expand the Funetics programme. These include but are not limited to; logistics, content development, marketing, and transition of children from curricular to after-school and holiday schemes.
An up-to-date Enhanced DBS and basic first aid is essential, although we can help you obtain this if required.
Interviews will be conducted via Zoom or Teams and will be 30 mins in duration.
2 x 3-hour funetics online training sessions must be completed
There will also be funetics digital training, which will provide you with all the necessary skills to manage your classes and children's stages through our digital app.
We are looking for coaches to start work as soon as possible.
To apply please submit a covering letter and current full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Somerset Activity & Sports Partnership is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.