Lead Physician - Head of Clinical Medicine, Men’s Cricket Pathway
The England and Wales Cricket board supports the whole game including men’s, women’s and disability international teams and respective development pathways. In addition, it works with all professional teams across the game, ‘The Hundred’ franchises and the recreational game to maintain standards across the game. There is a Managing Director and Performance Director for each pathway and in relation to its clinical activity and governance across the whole game, there is a Chief Medical Officer.
- Hybrid - Loughborough, LE11 3TU
- Contact Telephone
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Wed 6th December, 2023
- 12:00am - Tue 2nd January, 2024
- Sport / Activity
About Lead Physician - Head of Clinical Medicine, Men’s Cricket Pathway
The Performance, Science and Medicine Department supporting the England Men's pathway is primarily focused on providing medical care, injury prevention/management and increasing the physical performance to its elite cricketers. The support comes from a multi-disciplinary team comprising of doctors, physiotherapists, strength and conditioning coaches, nutritionists, psychologists, researchers, and other complementary disciplines. This multi-disciplinary team looks to address all elements of player care and welfare.
The purpose of this role is to lead clinical care and decision making, including injury, illness, and wellbeing, across the England Men's pathway. The role will include touring duties shared across a medical panel and will be expected to work closely with other leadership roles within the pathway including the Head of Performance Science and Medicine and the National Lead for Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation.
The role will look to:
- Maximise player availability and minimize impact of injury and illness by ensuring the highest standards of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, recovery and rehabilitation of injuries and operating a proactive approach to player care and performance.
- Ensure confidence of players and staff in supporting welfare / mental health, injury and illness management.
- Uphold the highest standards of clinical practice, governance and ethics, in line with the General Medical Council (GMC) and all relevant stakeholders
For further information and details on how to apply please click on the link below.
Somerset Activity & Sports Partnership is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.