University of Huddersfield Women's Football 1st Team Head Coach
Stop scrolling and be part of the Huddersfield Sports journey! Could you be the Head Coach of our growing Football Club, working with passionate student athletes from diverse backgrounds. As the club develops, be a key part of decision-making and management. Help bring about success and an outstanding student experience along the way.
About University of Huddersfield Women's Football 1st Team Head Coach
The post holder will deliver quality coaching, management and organisation to the University of Huddersfield Football Women's 1st Team. This team competes in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS). This role will primarily be responsible for the coaching of the 1st team, as well as leading on mentoring student coaches, the club trial process and linking with other club coaches. The team trains on a Tuesday evening 6:30-7:30pm at 5core Indoor HD5 0AL and competes in BUCS fixtures on a Wednesday afternoon across the North of England.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver an effective coaching programme that helps improve the performance and experience of playing members.
- Plan and deliver an effective pre-season in September and after the mid-season break in January
- Lead the 1st team with input from the assistant coach, team captains to select playing squads and maintain a transparent selection processes and pathways between squads.
- Assist in recruiting students to engage with coaching opportunities, providing opportunities where appropriate to coach within the club.
- Mentor student coaches within the club and offer support where appropriate to members who wish to undertake coaching qualifications or opportunities within the Coaching Pathway.
- Provide regular information and status reports, as agreed with the Students' Union, on team and club performance and progress.
- Work closely with ActiveHud, the Students' Union and committee members to assist with the development of Football at The University of Huddersfield.
- To ensure all sessions comply with Health and Safety.
- To work within an equal opportunities framework.
Please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter (Max 500 words) to: email@example.com
Application Deadline Date: Sunday 7th January 2024
Interview Date: Week Commencing 15th January 2024
Start Date: Week Commencing 22nd January 2024
Got any questions about the role? Why not contact our Sports Development Coordinator James at: J.Bartholomew@hud.ac.uk
Somerset Activity & Sports Partnership is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.