Chairperson - Voluntary Role
Continue your leadership journey as Chairperson of Active Together Salary Range: Voluntary role, appropriate travel expenses paid. Duration: Minimum 3 years Closing Date: midnight on 7th January 2024
- Voluntary role with paid expenses
- Part Time
- Active Together
- Placed On
- Mon 27th November, 2023
- 11:45pm - Sun 7th January, 2024
About Chairperson - Voluntary Role
Continue your leadership journey as Chairperson of Active Together
Salary Range: Voluntary role, appropriate travel expenses paid.
Duration: Minimum 3 years
Closing Date: midnight on 7th January 2024
About the Role
Active Together works with local system partners to lead the strategic direction and delivery of physical activity in Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland (LLR). We work collaboratively with a range of partners who have a shared ambition to reduce inequality of access to physical activity and help the communities in LLR realise the many wellbeing and social benefits of living an active life.
The new Chairperson of Active Together will:
- Have real Vision. Be forward thinking. Shape our long-term strategy, aligning it with national objectives and local needs.
- Be committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, ensuring that the Active Together Board, Team and partners champion this agenda.
- Advocate the benefits of physical activity. Be the face of Active Together, promoting active wellbeing through our platforms at conferences, events and in the media.
- Be Innovative. Challenge the Board and Team to explore new ways to make physical activity accessible, fun and transformative.
As our new Chairperson, you will be the driving force behind our strategic vision. We're looking for someone who embodies:
- Leadership. You will steer the organisation, rallying our diverse stakeholders towards delivering our collective vision. Your leadership will inspire action and ignite change.
- Inclusivity. You will have a clear understanding of our diverse communities, their challenges and aspirations. You will champion diversity and help widen access of opportunity to physical activity and sport.
- Collaborative. You will be able to collaborate with our existing partners and help us to expand into new sectors and networks, to unlock new opportunities.
- Experienced. You will have led initiatives, led Boards and delivered at a senior level in complex partnerships.
- Passionate. You will of course have an enthusiasm for physical activity and encouraging people to move more.
Why Active Together?
- Impact. Your decisions will shape healthier lives and stronger communities.
- Board/Team. You will work alongside and lead an experienced Board and inspire a passionate team.
- Collaboration. You will work alongside inspiring individuals who share your passion.
- Legacy. Your work on active living will provide benefit running through generations.
How to apply
The Job Description and Person Specification together can be downloaded from the files below attached to this advert. We anticipate a commitment of between six and eight days each year. Appropriate travel expenses will be paid. For an informal discussion on the role, please contact:
John Byrne, Director, on 01509 467475 or by email at J.Byrne@active- together.org
Please send copies of your CV to T.Dalby@active-together.org, or alternatively by post to: Teresa Dalby, Business Support Manager, Active Together, SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3QF.
Active Together recognises that we must continue to increase the diversity of our team and the inclusivity of our culture, both of which are intrinsically linked to the wellbeing of our people and our partners . That is why Diversity and Inclusion continues to be a priority, ensuring our people and our work reflect and represent our communities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate based on protected characteristics. Please note, people with differing abilities will be provided with accessibility adjustments during our recruitment process.
Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland: a place where physical activity is part of daily life, leading to people living healthier and happier lives.
Somerset Activity & Sports Partnership is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.