Football Stadia Improvement Fund
Summary: Funded by the Premier League, the Football Stadia Improvement Fund awards capital grants to EFL, National League, Women's Pyramid and Welsh Premier League down to the lower levels of the FA National League System.
- +44 345 345 4555
- Amount Available
- up to £750,000
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation, Facility Development
- Football Foundation
- Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport
About Football Stadia Improvement Fund
These football grants are designed to improve stadium safety and enable clubs to satisfy The FA's ground grading requirements. The role the FSIF plays is vitally important as without funding many clubs would have been unable to achieve the necessary criteria, preventing them from achieving promotions or even facing relegation for failure to comply.
From installing new floodlights, upgrading playing surfaces and developing all-seater stands, the goal of the project is to improve the matchday experience of players, officials and spectators.
English Football League Clubs:
To be eligible:
- Your club must be a member of the English Football League System.
- You must either own the freehold of the site you want to develop or have a lease with at least ten years or 21 years unexpired as appropriate
- a maximum £750,000 less any previous grants received from the Football Trust or FSIF (as a member of the EFL) at any time since 1990
- a maximum grant of 50% of eligible costs
English National League System Clubs:
To be eligible:
- Your club must be a member of the English National League System
- Either own the freehold of the site you want to develop or have a lease with at least ten years or 21 years unexpired as appropriate i.e. 10 years for clubs applying for up to £150,000 and 21 years for clubs applying for £150,000 and over.
- Projects including new covered seating, changing rooms and pitch maintenance equipment
- A maximum grant value of £400,000 (depending on step)
- A maximum grant of 70% of eligible costs
How to Apply
Applicants required to submit the following documents:
- Governing documents
- Past three years accounts
- Copy of the club's most recent bank statement
- Evidence of partnership funding
The income and expenditure forecast template can be downloaded from the 'Useful publications' section above. To find out more about associated legal fees and issues around repayment if the facility isn't used contact us for further details.
Somerset Activity & Sports Partnership is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.