Safeguarding & Protecting Children
- Somerset Activity & Sports Partnership
Castle Business Centre
Castle Road, Chelston Business Park
- Contact Name
- Laura Phelps
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 01823 653990
This workshop is a 'Minimum Standards for Active Coaches' requirement for many governing bodies of sport. The 'Minimum Standards for Active Coaches' are seen as the basic standards every coach needs to meet to carry out their role safely and effectively.
You will be able to:
- identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for your coaching
- explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise their potential impact on your response
- recognise and respond to possible signs of child abuse
- take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise.