Safeguarding & Protecting Children
- Somerset Activity & Sports Partnership
Castle Business Centre
Chelston Business Park
- Contact Name
- Laura Phelps
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- Tue, 05 Dec 2017 (18:00 - 21:00)
Every child deserves to enjoy their sport. This workshop will raise your awareness of the tell-tale signs of abuse, and give you the tools and confidence you need to deal with any issues sensitively, appropriately and effectively should the need ever arise in your coaching career.
This workshop is a 'Minimum Standards for Active Coaches' requirement for many governing bodies of sport. The 'Minimum Standards for Active Coaches' are seen as the basic standards every coach needs to meet to carry out their role safely and effectively.
You will be able to:
- identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for your coaching
- explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise their potential impact on your response
- recognise and respond to possible signs of child abuse
- take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise.