BOX Instructor (England Boxing)
- St Joseph's College
Upper Redlands Rd
- Sat, 21 Oct 2017 (10:00 - 17:00)
- Team Berkshire
- Organised By
- England Boxing
- Berkshire, Coach, Sport, Sports Education Week, Team Berkshire, Team Berkshire Coaches, Training, boxing, circuits, fitness
Join US on the first day of the Sports Education Week at St Josephs College in Reading from 10:00 - 17:00 to qualify as a BOX instructor.
The BOX Instructor course is suitable for fitness instructors, teachers and community leaders. The course equips the BOX Instructor to teach a fitness class using Olympic-style boxing techniques. Course delegates will be assessed on their ability to deliver BOX. Assessment will take place on the day of the course but delegates must be 17-years-old or over
What is included in the course cost?
- One-day BOX Instructor training course
- BOX Instructor resource pack
- Your own login to the BOX website, where you can find exclusive training material, regularly updated video tutorials and resources for marketing your sessions
- England Boxing membership
· OWhat will I learn?
The BOX Instructor training course will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to deliver basic boxing skills and the ability to plan and deliver sessions.
By the end of the course, candidates will be able to:
1. Deliver a boxing-specific warm-up and cool-down
2. Instruct foundation techniques for Olympic-style boxing
3. Deliver a BOX session to beginner-level participants for 45 minutes
4. Diversify lesson plans
The course is mainly practical in its teaching. It has been developed by highly qualified England Boxing coaches with an understanding of the fitness industry.
Please note: the course only allows candidates to deliver the skills taught on the course and does not allow candidates to deliver any form of contact boxing; including sparring and competition.
What to expect
A typical Instructor training day looks like this:
9.00 Arrival and introduction
9.20 Health and safety / hand wrapping / principles of warming up
10.05 Technical session A – stance, guard and footwork
10.50 Technical session B – straight shots and the outside slip
11.20 Technical session C – straight shots and the duck
12.35 Introduction to pad work
12.50 Technical session C – hooks and rolls
14.20 Technical session D – uppercuts and the pushaway
14.40 Boxing circuits
15.00 Assessment – main session delivery
16.40 Summary / recap / Q&A
Delegates will be assessed on their ability to deliver BOX. Assessment will take place on the day of the course.
Note: Delegates must be 17-years-old or over. Candidates must have their own insurance or work under their employer's insurance. Dont have your own insurance? Find out about the Team Berkshire Coaches offer which includes insurance by contacting email@example.com or buy your own here with UK Coaching
For more information please contact;