Boys Qualifying Event Results
Large School Winners: St Benedict's, Glastonbury and Selwood Academy Frome
Small School Winners: St Vigor and St John CofE and Springmead
Girls Qualifying Events Results
Millfield Prep 1 and Millfield Prep A!
Format and Staffing
- At each venue, there will be one large schools' winner, one small schools' winner and a girl's winner.
- 7 a side games, I would personally recommend not bringing a squad of more than 12 to ensure children are afforded suitable time to play.
- Each school is required to bring their own first aid kid and suitable staffing provisions to support the students you intend to bring.
- Local secondary school leaders are intended to officiate matches. Any concerns with the young leaders should be addressed to one of the SASP members of staff or college staff.
- Teams will be grouped and will gain points depending on result (3 for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss). There will be conditions in place if a team is level on points to determine a winner. Teams at the top of each group will play an elimination match to determine a final winner on the day. Additional playing rules will be shared on the day.
All players, spectators and staff will follow the Code of Conduct. Any students, staff and/or spectators not adhering to conditions set out in the code of conduct will be asked to leave. This document has been shared directly with schools.
Selwood Academy requires 3G rubber moulded football boots (no Blades/metal studs/trainers or Astro trainers).
Shepton Mallet Leisure Centre requires trainers or Astro trainers (no rubber moulded football boots, Blades/metal studs).
Attached is guidance for players wearing glasses - if a child attends with glasses that are metal-framed or with glass lenses they will NOT be permitted to play. Shinpads are essential and all children must have shinpads in order to play.