How will we keep your children and you safe?
We are following Government and Swim England guidance and have made some temporary changes to the way we deliver swimming lessons due to the current circumstances and to protect the safety of your children, our customers and staff. These include:
- All children must arrive 'Beach Ready', which means they will have their costumes under their clothes. This will avoid the need to use changing rooms prior to the lesson starting
- Parents and swimmers will be allowed to enter poolside no more than 5 minutes prior to the lesson
- Only one parent should attend with a child, to reduce the number of people in the building
- On arriving, there will be a one-way system in place, directing you and your child to the lesson
- Parents will be required to wear a face mask once inside the building, unless you are exempt
- Swim Teachers will be required to teach from the poolside and maintain social distancing from children at all times
- The changing time will be for 10 minutes
- After each session, all equipment and changing areas used will be cleaned
This is a short walk through video explaining access and exit, booking procedures and social distancing measures we have put in place to ensure your child's return to the pool is as safe as possible. We can't wait to see you!
Cleanliness & Hygiene
To keep your children, our customers and staff safe and healthy, Quantock Lodge has been deep cleaned using the recommended chemical cleaners for non-medical settings. We will continue to maintain this standard after we open with regular cleaning between sessions.
Working with Quantock Leisure who operate the facility and swimming pool we have also introduced several hygiene stations throughout the facility, with hand sanitiser readily available. Our staff will also be cleaning changing rooms between sessions and sanitising high touch areas to ensure an excellent level of cleanliness.
Our swimming lessons were already limited to six people per lesson to ensure a high-quality teaching environment. Therefore where possible, we will keep to these ratio's for our groups, however we may have to merge some lessons where ability allows or discuss with you about moving the time of your session, if that suits you. As before, all swimming lessons will need to booked beforehand using the link above, and it is essential that you do this, anyone who has not pre-register will not be allowed to swim.
In partnership with Quantock Leisure we have introduced a one-way system around the facility to make social distancing simple and easy for you and your children. We ask that you maintain a 2m distance between each you and other parents and children during your time within the facility
You will see markings on within the facility and swimming pool area to remind you to keep your distance and how to exit the facility via the changing rooms (should you need to use them) after your lesson.
Throughout the facility there will be signs and posters to assist you with social distancing and swim school staff will be around to help everyone keep to these guidelines, and as always answer any questions.