Active Lives Survey Schools 2022/23
Congratulations to Term 1 schools Fairlands Middle School and Selwood Academy for completing enough responses to generate their own Active Lives school Data report. School's have been selected for Sport England's Active Lives Survey for 2022/23! Look out for your £100 equipment credit heading your way!
The Active Lives Children and Young People survey provides a world-leading approach to gathering data on how children engage with sport and physical activity.
It gives anyone working with children aged 5-16 key data to help understand children's attitudes and behaviours around sport and activity.
Schoolchildren across England are asked to take part in this survey, which sits at the heart of our vision – that everyone in England, regardless of their age, background and level of ability, should feel able to take part in sport and activity.
The survey was developed with the Department for Education (DfE), the Department of Health and Social Care and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. It'll provide us, government and other partners with a broad and deep understanding of activity levels and behaviours, to help shape future policy and investment decisions.
Key information can be found here. The main points to note are:
- Schools are randomly sampled to take part on an annual basis and will be contacted by SASP.
- The questionnaires can be completed on desktop computers, laptops or tablets and take around 20 minutes to complete.
- The survey can be done at any point during the allocated term, depending on what works best for the school involved.
- One class, in up to three different year groups, is asked to fill out the questionnaires. Parents of Year 1 and 2 students are also invited to answer the survey. One teacher is also required to fill in the survey on behalf of their school.
- Schools with 30+ responses will directly receive a report measuring their children's activity levels, physical literacy, swimming proficiency, wellbeing, self-efficacy and levels of social trust.
- Each participating school is offered credits to the value of £100, to spend on a range of sports, wellbeing and healthy eating equipment or materials, to thank them for their involvement in the study.
If you'd like any further guidance and support with the Active Lives Survey (especially if your school has been selected), please send an email to email@example.com.
Alex Caird (he/him)
School Games Organiser: Mendip & Sedgemoor
- 07729 073269