Active Halls Funding
SASP have received funding from Somerset Community Foundation to encourage our physical activity providers for mid / older aged people to reopen in our village and community halls. We will offer grants (of up to £500) to support the reduced income they may make through Covid 19 restrictions such as reduced class numbers due to social distancing and/or confidence issues of their participants. Priority will be given to classes in areas within the top 30% IMD in Somerset. You can check your village and community hall postcode here
Local, doorstep community physical activity provision is vitally important for older individuals to get and stay physically active. Local provision enables a greater community spirit with all the added benefits around reducing social isolation, including people who do not drive and reducing the need for travel and hence reducing carbon emissions.
Who can apply?
We are seeking applications from instructors who are looking to resume or launch new activity within village halls across Somerset. We hope this funding will support groups or instructors to restart activity post covid 19 which may not otherwise be viable.
If your project does not predominantly attract over 50's or is in an area outside the top 30%, we would still welcome an application but it will be given lower priority if the fund is oversubscribed.
Criteria for funding
- The maximum amount of funding you can apply for is £500
- Village halls must be within Somerset (county council boundaries)
- Priority will be given to activity primarily aimed at older adults (50+)
- Priority will be given to those application based in village halls within the top 30% IMD areas in Somerset
- Priority will be given to individual self employed instructors
- The instructor should hold an appropriate qualification for the physical activity or exercise they wish to run
- The instructor must have a valid public liability and professional indemnity insurance policy
- The instructor must have a valid first aid certificate or have access to a first aider at each session
- Funding can be used for:
- Instructor Fees
- Venue hire
- Covid secure requirements such as PPE
- Marketing and promotion
- We will consider funding equipment if covid requirements mean additional equipment is needed
- Activity should run for a minimum of 8 weeks
- Funding can be split across more than one venue
- We welcome applications from new and existing activities or classes
Deadline for applications
You can submit your application at any time, subject to funds still being available. We aim to make decisions within 10 working days of submission. No applications will be considered if submitted after 5pm on Monday 31st May 2021
If you have any questions about the fund please contact us