The Active Communities project is to develop activities within areas of Bridgwater to encourage and support people within those communities to become more active and to utilise the facilities in their area. The partnership driving the project forward is with Sedgemoor District Council, Bridgwater College Academy, The Sports Centre, Rollercoaster Youth Club, local support groups and organisations.
Sessions are FREE, take place at various venues and are for ALL AGES. To encourage getting active regularly incentives are given for regular attendance – nail vouchers, Primark and Amazon vouchers.
Come and have a go at sessions currently running:
- Buggy Walks – Fresh air, exercise and chat with like-minded mums!
- Cheeky Monkeys – Fun activities and song to get your little one active.
- Walking Football - For those who used to play but can't get around like they used to, or injury has meant you cant play anymore.
- Ladies Running – Fun, safe and supportive group for complete beginners to get in to running.
- Mums and Daughters Rounders – Social rounders for mums. daughters, aunties, nans etc.
- Health Walks – Gentle strolls around the local area.
- Boccia – A seated game, similar to Bowls or French Boule.
- Pilates – A gentle introduction to Pilates.
- Play in the Park – Fun activities and games for all the family to get involved in.
- Coming soon…Dads and Lads Fishing and Mums and Baby Yoga!
Here's what people have said about the sessions:
"I look forward to buggy walks every week. I have made some great friends and love that i am being more active" Emmaline
"I have a great time which goes too quickly. I wouldn't miss it for anything" Del
"I really look forward to the sessions and enjoy the miss of activities" David
For more information and how to get involved, contact Jen Slade on 01823 653990.