Primary PE Courses
Please see below for the upcoming courses across the County,
Friday 28th April 2017 at Taunton Vale Sports Club, TA2 6LP.
Click here for more information and how to book.
real play (formally known as Family FUNs)
The real play programme is aimed at 4 – 7 year olds and their families and focuses on the wider benefits of engaging parents/carers in their children's learning, play and physical development from an early age. It has been used by Schools and Pre Schools with great success across Somerset and has seen some incredible impacts. real play offers ground breaking training to support practitioners with a unique approach and fun strategies to encourage families playing, learning and being physically active together. Flexible options for resources allow focused intervention with either groups of families, one-to-one mentoring and even simple ways for whole classes and key stages to be included.
Training: £245 plus VAT includes
- 1 day training for up to two members of staff.
- Supporting resources including easy to follow session plans.
- An impact report.
The next real play course is on Monday 24th April at Edgar Hall in Somerton from 9am – 3pm. For more information on real play and the upcoming course please click here.
real gym is an innovative, vibrant, inclusive programme which supports teachers to become confident and confident to deliver gymnastic activities. real gym develops Fundamental Movement Skills via gymnastic activities allowing every child to stretch themselves. The one day training course also includes Schemes of Work, interactive lesson plans and for your year group, 35 real gym key skills cards, creative dice and themed posters.
Training: £225 plus VAT includes
- A full day, training to give practitioners the confidence to deliver inclusive and challenging gymnastics.
- Practical exploration of progressive skills, how to set up large gymnastic apparatus and use of mats.
- Introduction booklet, including glossary, hall set up ideas and safe practice advice.
- Comprehensive Scheme of Work and Curriculum Map.
- 12 Interactive Lesson Plans for your year group.
- 35 double-sided A4 progressive Skill Cards.
- Creative Dice and Dice matrix poster to engage and excite pupils.
The next real gym course is on Friday 19th May @ Axbridge CofE First School from 9am – 3pm. For more information or to book a place please click here.
To book a course contact Toni Smyth on 01823 653990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org