Coaching Bursary Scheme
Coach Bursary Scheme 2017:
The aim of the SASP coach bursary scheme is to support coaches wishing to expand on their current coaching qualifications and experiences. It has been put in place to assist with the growing coaching workforce within Somerset and ultimately increase participation in all sports.
Each application will be individually assessed against the following terms and conditions. SASP will allocate funding dependant on how gaining the agreed qualification will positively impact the local community and help the relevant NGB's meet their participation targets.
If successful; a minimum of 50% will be paid up front to assist with booking- evidence of booking confirmation must be provided. The remainder will be paid on completion. This will depend upon individual circumstances - evidence of certification must be provided.
Terms and Conditions:
- Applicants must be a resident or have proof that they are actively coaching in the Somerset County Council Area.
- Funding will support coaches in gaining National Governing Body (NGB) or similar qualifications.
- Applications can only be made by individual coaches.
- Applicants must be registered on the SASP coaching database and continuously update details.
- Applicants must commit to renewing Minimum Standards for Active Coaches qualifications as implemented by sports coach UK.
- Priority will be given to coaches who are coaching athletes and players aged 14 +.
- SASP will not be obligated to pay the bursary if the applicant fails to complete or achieve the qualification and would therefore claim back the necessary funds.
- Applicants must agree to provide feedback regarding coaching movements and progress. SASP may contact applicants and request a case study which they are obligated to provide.
- Transport, refreshments, accommodation, equipment and any other additional costs will not be included and will need to be covered by the applicant.
For further information please contact LPhelps@sasp.co.uk.